Monday, September 22, 2008

Hole in my sock


So one of my FAVorite pairs of socks has a hole in the toe... perfect for the next sock scarf I make for myself :)
This is actually exactly how Sock Scarves got started. 2 winters ago, I had already been making scarves, but not patched scarves, and I was lying in bed staring at a bunch of mismatched socks, and socks with holes in the toes, trying to figure out to do with them. I definitely didn't want to throw them away. I was actually planning on sewing up the little toe-holes, but then realized I'd have this extra thread/sewing bump at the tip of my foot, and I didn't really like that idea, plus hand-sewing is not really an interest of mine. And then I decided... how about a SOCK scarf... And that's basically how it began. I still wear the scarf that's made out of all my old socks all the time. So anyway, in case I get on Oprah some day, and can't spit the words out cause I'm way too nervous, at least all 6 or so of you who read this blog will know how it all began. . .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'd love a purse/scarf with your holey friend... he's an awesome little sock. :)

Rachel's Thread said...

i actually got those socks in Wales along with my other most favorite (or would it be favourite?) pair with argyle snakes on them :)

Unknown said...

Cute toe, too. I like the color of your nail polish. :)