Sunday, November 2, 2008

i love music

I'm not sure if any of you knew that, but it's true. Actually my mom reminded me the other day that my first complete sentence at age 2 was "Turn the radio up, Daddy" :)

Last Weds nite, my mom, Rae and I went to Philly (not for the World Series) to the World Cafe Live for the Hotel Cafe Tour, which included Meiko, Rachael Yamagata, Thao Nguyen, Jenny Owen Youngs, and Samantha Crain. All of the music was amazing, and we had GREAT seats in the Mezzanine.

I was especially excited because I brought a scarf with me to give to Meiko! I brought it down before the show, and gave it to the girl at the merch table to give to her, since we would be leaving right after the show to beat the Phillies traffic (which we did!). I asked the girl at the table if Meiko would get it before the show, and she said she'd bring it backstage now! :) So when Meiko came out onstage she was wearing the scarf! She even made a comment about the scarf being made out of socks, and she was sure I washed them first ;]

So I've been hunting on the internet for a good picture of her in the scarf, since our great seats were not great for photo-taking. Here is a link to a video of Meiko playing Reasons to Love You, wearing her new Rachel's Thread scarf ~ Watch Meiko play Reasons to Love You at World Cafe Live in Philly! ~enjoy

2 comments:

Leigh said...

That is awesome. Talk about great publicity!!

I'm still searching for a photo too. :)

Unknown said...

sooooo much fun. as much as i wanted to watch the world series i truly loved seeing a great show with you and your mom. <3 <3 can't wait til the next one.